Share:

Behind the Scenes of the Annual Conference

May 11, 2016

Tom Hunt CTP, Director of Treasury Services, AFP

The AFP Annual Conference educational session process all starts by assembling an overall conference task force of corporate practitioners who have unique insights that yield unique experiences. Our task force is then divided into smaller sub groups. For the last six years I’ve led the group creating the Treasury Management track.

Each year, I sit down with my team and identify all the topics in treasury that come to mind. Those that are timely, relevant, painful, challenging and exciting. We want to make sure we have sessions that touch those hot topics. From this discussion we confirmed some great sessions - in Untangling the KYC Challenge, a former regulator and Head of Policy, KYC Solutions and a global treasurer discuss the issue from both sides. The team also wanted to focus on regulations. In Managing Liquidity in a Post-Reform World, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Honda Motor Company, Hunt Companies and Capital Advisors Group examine short-term investment options including what you can expect in 2017.

Along with these hot issues, we make sure to cover many evergreen topics in Treasury as well. In We Implemented a TRM System - Now What do We do?, Chanel talks through their experience in bringing what were previously disparate processes under the hood of one cloud-based treasury and risk management solution. We know cash forecasting is another key pain point for you. In the session What is your cash forecast costing you?, an expert panel from Evraz, American Capital and Kyriba discuss how to deliver an accurate forecast that treasury teams, CFOs, and senior management can make confident decisions upon.

We have found that new employees are introduced into Treasury, on average every three years, so we need to make sure that our sessions support those entering the Treasury Field, but also those that are more advanced in their careers. Some sessions may have different approaches on the same topic and those are intended to cover a different audience.

It would not be possible to have such a successful Conference without the help of our task force. Their input and guidance helps keep us on track, timely and certainly relevant for you. I look forward to October when we can see the hard work of our task force pay off and deliver a great show.

Leave a comment